Welcome to Mike Fazelian’s Travel Blog
Mike created this website to help you make the most of your trip. Planning a trip used to require hours of research. Hopefully, Mike can save you some time. The options are endless when deciding which destination to visit. This website will introduce you to a few popular tourist attractions, as well as places to stay and dine. This may help simplify your planning, so you can further enjoy your trip. You’ll find that you don’t have to travel around the world for a great vacation. There are unique places to visit even next door.
Everyone always says, “I want to visit [location] someday, but I can’t right now because I have too many obligations.” The truth is that your life will always be filled with obligations. Your responsibilities will never cease and they only increase, as you get older. Your time to travel is now, and I’m here to make the process easier.
Mike Fazelian’s travels began while spending quality time with his father.
They visited Germany, Canada, England, Costa Rica, Guatemala, Greece, and Egypt. One of his favorite childhood memories was visiting Hamley’s toy store in England. Today, his father remains his greatest influence guiding his artistic career.
Traveling has taught Mike to broaden his perspective of the world. It has allowed Mike to immerse himself within various cultures. Whether Mike was chatting with fellow hikers on Old Rag Mountain, or sharing a meal with a family in Germany, traveling has provided him with experiences necessary to grow.
Another reason Mike enjoys traveling is because it’s important to visit a different environment, and obtain a fresh perspective regarding the world. The attractions he listed are filled with tourists as equally excited to experience something new.
Today, Mike Fazelian works as a photographer and videographer based in Los Angeles, California, but, but travels as much as possible. If you want to learn more about him, feel free to explore this site more. In the meantime… where will you begin YOUR next adventure?
Mike's Favorite Attractions…In No Particular Order
- Grand Bazaar, Istanbul
- The Zocalo, Mexico City
- Times Square, New York City
- Central Park, New York City
- Union Station, Washington, D.C.
- Las Vegas Strip
- Meiji Jingu Shrine, Tokyo
- Sensoji Temple, Tokyo
- Niagara Falls, New York and Ontario
- Grand Central Terminal, New York City
- Basilica of Our Lady of Guadalupe, Mexico City
- Faneuil Hall Marketplace, Boston
- Forbidden City, Beijing
- Golden Gate National Recreation Area, San Francisco
- Notre Dame Cathedral, Paris
- Golden Gate Park, San Francisco
- South Street Seaport, New York City
- San Antonio River Walk, San Antonio
- St. Peter’s Basilica, Vatican City, Italy
- Great Wall of China
- Sacre Coeur Basilica, Paris
- Hollywood Walk of Fame, Hollywood
- Pike Place Market, Seattle
- Smoky Mountains National Park
- Musee du Louvre, Paris
- Navy Pier, Chicago
- Sydney Opera House, Sydney
- Smithsonian Museum of Natural History
- Grand Palace, Bangkok
- Palace of Versailles, France
- Ocean Park, Hong Kong
- Bourbon Street, New Orleans
- Lotte World, Seoul
- Taj Mahal, Agra, India
- Tower of London
- The London Eye
Great Hotels Where You Can Unwind
- Triple Creek Ranch, Darby, MT
- Lodge at Kauri Cliffs, Matauri Bay, New Zealand
- Oberoi Udaivilas, Udaipur, India
- La ResidencePhou Vao, Luang Prabang, Laos
- Hotel Caruso, Ravello, Italy
- Little Palm Island Resort & Spa, Little Torch Key, FL
- Blackberry Farm, Walland, TN
- Stein Eriksen Lodge, Park City, UT
- InterContinental Resort & Thalasso Spa Bora Bora
- Hotel Splendido, Portofino, Italy
- Mandarin Oriental Dhara Dhevi, Chiang Mai, Thailand
- The Peninsula, Chicago
- Nisbet Plantation Beach Club, Nevis
- Eliot Hotel, Boston
- Oberoi Rajvilas, Jaipur, India
- Four Seasons Resort, Carmelo, Uruguay
- Kirawira Tented Camp, Serengeti National Park, Tanzania
- San Ysidro Ranch, A Rosewood Resort, Santa Barbara, CA
- Palacio Duhau -Park Hyatt, Buenos Aires
- Hotel Villa Cipriani, Asolo, Italy
- Four Seasons Resort Jackson Hole, WY
- Oberoi Amarvilas, Agra, India
- The Stafford London
- Couples Tower Isle, St. Mary, Jamaica
- Four Seasons Resort Hualalai, HI
- Ritz-Carlton, Beijing Financial Street
- Olissippo Lapa Palace, Lisbon, Portugal
You Can’t Go Wrong With These Restaurants
- San Francisco: Benu, Saison, and Bluxome St. Winery
- Beverly Hills: Bouchon
- San Diego: Waypoint Public, Streetcar Merchants
- Dallas: Pecan Lodge, Rodeo Goat
- Louisville: Against the Grain
- New Orleans: Balise
- Chicago: Lou Malnatis
- Austin: Franklin BBQ
- Cleveland: West Side Market
- Minneapolis: Spoon & Stable
- Kansas City: The Local Pig
- Providence: Haven Bros
- Houston: Revival Market
Backpacking across Europe: something lots of people talk about, but few ever actually do. You’ll get to see tons of places you wouldn’t experience otherwise and you’ll meet real people who live in the different cities and towns. It sounds like an incredible adventure...
Traveling is an incredible experience. You can spend a few days in a place or a few weeks, but it’s difficult to get the full experience of the area unless you live there. While you might want to see the main attractions and do all the traditional tourist activities,...
The New Year is definitely underway and many of us are thinking about overseas destinations that are in store for 2017. Imagine zip lining through the forest of Costa Rica, or walking through the delicate streets of Romania. No matter where the location, this year is...
When you’re traveling, you may feel like you just want to get away from all the technology you’re connected to each day. Instead of having to constantly check your email and text people back, the idea of completely disconnecting for a weekend or a couple of weeks may...
During college is the ideal time to travel. It’s when the wanderlust bug bites many students and they have lots of time off from school for breaks and often know people from all over the country and even the world. Unfortunately, this time, a period is also when...
If you like screaming, jumping and sliding down a wired line ranging from 50-60 ft from the rainforest floor, then zip lining in Costa Rica is for you. Here you can experience some of the best places to zip line with the best-trained zipliner instructors around....
If you're anything like me then you must enjoy traveling around the world and experience new things. Of course with travel comes expenses and sometimes our lack of funds can hinder us from doing the things that we truly enjoy. Fortunately enough with the help of...
Whether you’re a native of the land or traveling on vacation, there are some things that you need to know about Greece before you make your next visit. Greece is a place of great culture and heritage, and it would be wise to know of Greece’s great history (not the...
In our world today, we travel with electronics. There is no way around that. Unless you are traveling to a remote destination like the African Sahara or the jungle of the Amazon, connection to the world wide web is available to you. Even en route to your...
Across the internet and on every travel blog worth its weight, there are lists upon lists of essential travel items. They range from being very country/region specific to being more general and generic. One list that you can find here, inspired the one below. It is...